By Alan Farmer
Endorsed for Edexcel.
Give your scholars the simplest probability of luck with this attempted and confirmed sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to heritage is the preferred, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level background students.
- helps the content material and evaluate requisites of the 2015 A-level heritage specifications
- includes authoritative and fascinating content
- contains thought-provoking key debates that research the opposing perspectives and methods of historians
- offers exam-style questions and suggestions for every proper specification to assist scholars know the way to use what they've got learnt
This name is appropriate for quite a few classes including:
Edexcel: The British event of conflict c.1790-1918
Read or Download Access to History: The British Experience of Warfare 1790-1918 for Edexcel Second Edition PDF
Best uk history books
`What else is girl yet a foe to friendship . .. a family possibility. ' those phrases, taken from a biblical observation through St John Chrysostom, are often quoted in early smooth literature, displaying that sexual morality used to be important to the patriarchal society of 16th- and seventeenth-century England.
This examine locates the philosophical origins of the Anglo-American political and constitutional culture within the philosophical, theological, and political controversies in seventeenth-century England. by means of analyzing the quarrel it identifies the resource of recent liberal, republican and conservative rules approximately typical rights and executive within the seminal works of the Exclusion Whigs Locke, Sidney, and Tyrrell and their philosophical forebears Hobbes, Grotius, Spinoza, and Pufendorf.
Utilizing a comparative and large standpoint, faith, Politics and Society in Britain 800-1066 attracts on archaeology, paintings background, fabric tradition, texts from charms to chronicles, from royal law-codes to sermons to poems, and different facts to illustrate the centrality of Christianity and the Church in Britain 800-1066.
The media have performed an important position within the contested and altering social place of ladies in Britain because the 1900s. they've got facilitated feminism by means of either offering discourses and photographs from which girls can build their identities, and providing areas the place hegemonic principles of femininity could be transformed.
- Environment and Empire (Oxford History of the British Empire Companion Series)
- The History of England Volume IV: 4 (History of England, The)
- With the Guns 1914 – 1918: An Subaltern’s Story (Images of War)
- The Clothing Trade in Provincial England, 1800–1850: Volume 19 (Perspectives in Economic and Social History)
- The 100 Best British Ghost Stories
- Sir Henry Lee (1533–1611): Elizabethan Courtier
Additional resources for Access to History: The British Experience of Warfare 1790-1918 for Edexcel Second Edition
Access to History: The British Experience of Warfare 1790-1918 for Edexcel Second Edition by Alan Farmer