By David Dutton
The moment version of this tested textual content offers:
* a wholly new bankruptcy at the coalition government
* a chronology of key events
* various feedback for additional reading.
This full of life survey of British Liberalism from the period of Campbell-Bannerman to that of Nick Clegg reports latest literature whereas supplying its personal designated point of view on the most compelling of political dramas.
Read or Download A History of the Liberal Party since 1900 (British Studies Series) PDF
Similar uk history books
`What else is lady yet a foe to friendship . .. a household threat. ' those phrases, taken from a biblical observation via St John Chrysostom, are usually quoted in early smooth literature, exhibiting that sexual morality used to be critical to the patriarchal society of 16th- and seventeenth-century England.
This learn locates the philosophical origins of the Anglo-American political and constitutional culture within the philosophical, theological, and political controversies in seventeenth-century England. by means of studying the quarrel it identifies the resource of contemporary liberal, republican and conservative principles approximately common rights and executive within the seminal works of the Exclusion Whigs Locke, Sidney, and Tyrrell and their philosophical forebears Hobbes, Grotius, Spinoza, and Pufendorf.
Utilizing a comparative and huge standpoint, faith, Politics and Society in Britain 800-1066 attracts on archaeology, artwork heritage, fabric tradition, texts from charms to chronicles, from royal law-codes to sermons to poems, and different proof to illustrate the centrality of Christianity and the Church in Britain 800-1066.
The media have performed an important function within the contested and altering social place of ladies in Britain because the 1900s. they've got facilitated feminism through either offering discourses and pictures from which girls can build their identities, and providing areas the place hegemonic principles of femininity may be transformed.
- A History of Victorian Postage
- The Official History of Britain and the European Community, Vol. II: From Rejection to Referendum, 1963-1975 (Government Official History Series)
- Around Minehead from Old Photographs
- Flat Racing and British Society, 1790-1914: A Social and Economic History (Sport in the Global Society)
- Culture and Class in English Public Museums, 1850-1914 (Historical Urban Studies Series)
Extra resources for A History of the Liberal Party since 1900 (British Studies Series)
A History of the Liberal Party since 1900 (British Studies Series) by David Dutton